maandag 23 januari 2017

Kitefoiling day out


Lucky me I was able to go out for another adventure just a couple days after the previous one.. The forecast was looking good for kitefoiling, 14-17 knots sideshore forecast for a place recently becoming known as Foil Beach up north in Qatar!

I have been kitefoiling for a while now, at least I own the equipment since end of October last year. I have been kitesurfing since 2010, and absolutely love that sport. The feeling of freedom on the water is just amazing. Now imagine kitefoiling, easily double the fun!! I became inspired first through Youtube I suppose, and then found out the KiteFoil WorldCup was taking place here in Qatar. Now the forecast for that event was 5-8 knots almost every day so I didn't think it would go through... Well there were races every day! The Foil just enables to surf with so much less drag that it feels like you don't need any wind at all..



But first you need to learn how to control it.. The board with the foil attached behaves completely different in the water, so much so that even regular water dragging with the board becomes almost impossible. Dragging around was all I could manage for the first session. By today I was up to session number 6.. and I am managing to get the foil flying short whiles in a controlled manner now! I am planning to post a video diary of my kitefoiling progression. I hope I'll have time for that soon. For today here's an update with some of the best photos of the session. Enjoy and see you soon... Like if you like - It's at the bottom!!
- The Ultimate Freggle







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...